|Photo courtesy of ohmydogblog.com|
I love ideas that serve more purposes at once.
I support fully Do It Yourself projects, handmade stuff and home cooked meals. Call me old fashioned if you will, but I´ve turned the direction of re-purposing, re-cycling and making what I can by myself, a long time ago :)
Ï used to make harnesses, leashes and collars for my dogs when I was still a teenager. With the growing amount of dogs i share my life with, this became not very possible, but I still make collars for all the puppies born at our place. But more on that some other time.
Not so long ago I started to look for ways how to hand make toys for my dogs and cats, and found many cool ideas that I will be trying (and letting you know how it turned out) :)
So, when I came across this awesome idea for a dog quilt, I had to repost it!
But back to the topic of the multipurposeness of this project.
1. It is made of re-cycled t-shirts, that would most likely end up in the garbage.
2. Noitce the t-shirt designs - they are all from different animal wellfare and good causes.
3. In case of this particular blanket, it also serves as an uplift of an old armchair.
4. You get to shape your sewing skills :)
5. Your fur kids will have something very cozy and very cool to sleep on.
6. And maybe, just maybe you´ll manage to protect your sofa from their omnipresent hairs by putting this blanket over your furniture. Only maybe, though.
Ok, so without a further due, here is link to the post with instructions:
Thanks to Maggie from Oh My Dog Blog for letting me repost it!
Let me know if you decide to make one yourself, how it turned out! :)