1 (2 pound/1kg) package frozen hash browns OR coarsely grated potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup OR 2 chicken bujon cubes melted in cup of boiling water and a bit of creme
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 large chopped onion
3 minced cloves of garlic
1-2 cups grated cheese (cheddar works best)
- Place potatoes in a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt margarine or butter, put in a bowl, add onions, garlic, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and mix together.
- Pour mixture over potatoes
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) degrees for about 40 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and cheese is melted.
You can serve the casserole as a main meal together with a fresh vegetable salad or as a side dish to go with any meat menu you desire.