This eggnog recipe comes from my homeland Czech Republic. Every family seems to be using a tad bit different ingredients and amounts of them, depending on how sweet, how creamy, or how alcoholic you want the end result.
This is such a simple recipe, calls for no cooking or difficult preparations and doesn´t require many ingredients.
You can double the condensed, sweetened milk, or you can use milk instead of whipping cream, and you can also use 1/3 or 1/2 less of the rum.
1 condensed, sweetened milk
1/2 l golden rum (the Czech Tuzemak is the best)
1/4 l whipping cream
4-6 egg yolks
100g brown sugar
3 heap tbs vanilla sugar
1. Whisk egg yolks with brown sugar until smooth.
2. Slowly add rum, while stirring and whisking
3. Once all rum is in, toss vanilla sugar into the blend and stir some more
4. Pour in the entire condensed milk, stir properly until you reach a thick creamy consistence.
5. Last, add cream to make the eggnog a bit thinner.
6. Pour into bottles, close and store on a cool dry place. Letting it rest for at least a few days will make all the ingredients blend nicely and the eggnog will get the right aroma, taste and consistence.
My tip: I like to close the bottles with used wine corks for even more home-made touch. You can tie a bow around the shoulder of the bottle and decorate it with some Christmas ornaments, a spruce branch, mini cones or rose buds. You can also label the bottle with handmade writing or personalized message.
Now, once the eggnog is ready, Christmas can start! :)
Just don´t get stressed about it as Clark Griswold did in the hilarious classic National Lampoon´s Christmas Vacation:
Enjoy it more like this, but perhaps in a bit better company :)
I sure know what we´ll be watching on tonight´s pizza and movie night!! Have a great weekend, and stay safe!